- Physician directed
- Safe, Easy, Effective
- Affordable, No contracts
- Latest Dietary Supplements
- Proudly serving the Ocean City, Berlin, Fenwick Island, Selbyville, Bethany Beach, Rehoboth and Delaware areas.
The results described are not typical and will vary based on a variety of factors.
Chicken and Shrimp Soup with Tofu
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 3 oz dried chinese mushrooms
- 3 oz portebella mushroom
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 lb chicken breast
- 2 oz country ham, sliced thin
- 4 1/2 oz large peeled shrimp or peeled jumbo shrimp, defrost if frozen
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed and roughly chopped (or substitute spinach)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 oz tofu, cut cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large shrimp in shells, to garnish (optional)
- Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Heat the oil in a pot, swirling it around until really hot.
Add the scallions and stir-fry for a minute, add the carrots and
mushrooms, and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a boil, season to taste with salt and
pepper, five-spice powder, and soy sauce, and simmer for 5
If the shrimp are really large, cut them in half before adding to
the pot and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add the watercress to the pot and mix well, then slowly pour in
the beaten egg in a circular movement so that it cooks in threads
in the soup.
Adjust the seasoning and serve each portion topped with a whole shrimp.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Web site design & hosting by Viabit, LLC, an affiliate of Metro Data, Inc.