- Physician directed
- Safe, Easy, Effective
- Affordable, No contracts
- Latest Dietary Supplements
- Proudly serving the Ocean City, Berlin, Fenwick Island, Selbyville, Bethany Beach, Rehoboth and Delaware areas.
The results described are not typical and will vary based on a variety of factors.
Champagne-Ginger Steamed Mussels
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1 and 3/4 lbs shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved or quartered,
depending on size
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 4 lbs mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups champagne
- 10 oz. spinach, stemmed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro
In a large, deep pot over high heat, heat the oil until smoking.
Add the mushrooms, ginger and jalapeno and cook, stirring until
the mushrooms are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the butter, mussels and salt and stir well.
Add the champagne and immediately cover the pan. Cook, shaking
the pan every now and then, until the mussels have completely
opened and the spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 more minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir well. Divide the mussels
among six serving bowls.
Use a slotted spoon to divide mushrooms and spinach among the bowls. Add on top of pasta.
Pour the liquid overall and sprinkle with the crushed red pepper
Yields 6 servings.
Web site design & hosting by Viabit, LLC, an affiliate of Metro Data, Inc.